Tuesday, February 15, 2011

02/12/11 - 02/18/2011

02/15/2011

Day after Valentine's Day... I sure hope your day was better than mine.... Last week Eric made a comment about not screwing up when Valentine's day is... Fast Forward... Valentine's Day comes and I sit at the house all day just incase my dear husband sends me something from overseas... I watch on Facebook as my friends keep posting pictures of the beautiful bouquets of flowers they are getting... Awww so sweet!!!  One comment on one post says 'Now that is real love, when your husband takes time out of his day in Iraq to send his beautiful wife beautiful flowers!'  Wow... that is so cool... I am so excited to see what my wonderful husband is sending me....

Back to today.... Nothing!  I went to bed so upset last night, hurt that my husband didn't send me something... So mad I was having bad dreams about us fighting over his lack of caring...So I get up this morning after having one of the worst nights of sleep since he left... Turn on the computer, turn on Skype, and wait for him to log on....

Finally he gets on and in a very calm voice after the hellos and I love yous... I say to him... 'Just wondering if you sent me something for Valentine's Day, because nothing showed up...', Just hoping maybe it just didn't get delivered.... His answer... No, Just didn't think about it.  Wow... It took everything I had not to burst into tears at that moment... I get it, he's overseas... I shouldn't be so petty and be upset because my husband of almost 17 years didn't sent me a Valentine... But you know what... I am sad... I am petty... and I am pissed that he had no trouble spending $120 on a hard drive for his computer but couldn't buy me a Valentine.  Does that make me a bad wife?  I don't think so!  I think any woman would be hurt no matter where their husband is... And I'm not gonna feel sorry for him for 'not thinking about it'... It hurt so bad... It felt like he was saying to me... No, Just didn't think about YOU! 

Now if something shows up it just won't mean the same... It will be an I'm sorry gift instead of an I love you one... Like I've said before... Whatcha gonna do?  I've tried for 17 years to get this man to take a hint and remember days like Valentine's day is something special to a girl... Maybe its my fault for expecting him to change and just get it... finally!

I hope everyone else's Valentines Day was a lot happier then mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment